The holidays are here and that means it’s time to pull out your Christmas decorations and deck those halls! This is my absolute favorite holiday, I love getting out my decorations and transforming my home for the holidays! One easy way to change things up for the holidays without spending a lot of money is printable artwork!
I’m so excited to share with you my very first printable! This is something I plan to do pretty regularly so if you love free art prints stick around, there will be more to come! What I have for you today are these darling little holiday mini banners!
These printable banners are the perfect addition to your holiday decor and would make great printable gifts for friends!
*Please Note: All printables and downloads designed by Gather and Flourish are for PERSONAL USE ONLY. Please do not alter the file or claim it as your own. This file is not intended for resale, nor are the printed versions of this file. The wreath graphic on the “joy” banner was created by We Lived Happily Ever After and can be found here.
If you find the idea of cutting a piece of wood and staining it intimidating, don’t you worry I have an alternative method just for you!
How to Make Banner Without Wood Hanger:
- First, you will want to go ahead and download your banner and print it on card stock, and cut it out.
- Next, you will want to score the banner about an inch from the top edge. My paper cutter has a scoring attachment, but if you do not have one you can simply lay a flat metal ruler across the banner to get a nice clean fold.
- Cut the top corners off at a 45 degree angle.
- Fold along the score line, lay string along the fold, and tape. Cut string to desired length, and tie ends together.
Now, I will show you the other option of adding those wood pieces to give them a little extra “something”!
How to Make Banner With Wood Hanger:
You will need…
–hot glue gun
–paint stir stick (I used one for a 5 gal. paint bucket but a 1 gal. paint stick would also work!)
–wood stain (optional)
–twine, or any string of your choice
–stapler (just your everyday office stapler)
- Download, and print out your banner.
- Lay paint stick along the top edge of the banner and mark the length you will need to cut it.
- Cut your paint stick to size. I used my husband’s miter saw to cut my stick but a hand saw would also get the job done!
- This step is optional, but I chose to go ahead and stain my paint stick with some wood stain I had laying around in the garage. I did 1 coat of Minwax Dark Walnut, and 1 coat of Minwax Classic Gray.
- Cut out your banner, and hot glue the paint stick along the top edge. When the glue has cooled, flip the banner over and staple your twine to the back! Hang, and enjoy!
If you decide to make one of these I would love to see them!
Tag me on Instagram @gatherandflourish to share your festive banners!